www.printable-math-worksheets.com – A comprehensive Resource of Printable Math Worksheets and Parent Tuition Material.
www.safesurf.com – SafeSurf offers the ability to easily self-rate and to upgrade your browser to support SafeSurfing. Join SafeSurf in making the Internet safe without censorship.
Radio Kansel – Ideaal vir Fliek resensies (Kliek op “Op die Radio”, “Vermaak resensies”)
UP-navorsing ondersoek die belangrikheid van lees – Lees hier
Die Markplein – Die Markplein is ’n inisiatief van Solidariteit Helpende Hand en is die eenstop-studiewinkel vir Wiskunde vir gr.4-12
See the characters from the beloved children’s story come to life on the stage of National
Children’s Theatre. The book has been named the best American Children’s book of the past
200 years by the Children’s Literature Association.
Today the book is on the required reading list for many schools. That’s because its themes are universal and timeless.
The story is about relationships. Wilbur the irresistible young pig desperately wants to avoid the butcher; Fern, the farmer’s daughter loves Wilbur and understands the language of animals; then there’s Templeton, the gluttonous rat; the Zuckerman family, and most of all, the extraordinary spider, Charlotte, who proves to be a true friend – and a good writer.
Determined to save Wilbur, Charlotte weaves her “miracles” on to her web. And happily, it’s a victorious campaign!
Top rate actors, catchy music, wonderful costumes and a superb set all complement this not to be missed production. Charlotte’s Web is a thrilling theatrical presentation that will remain long in the memory.
Here are some outstanding reasons why EB White, the writer, thought children need to hear the story of Charlotte’s Web:
- It teaches the importance of having a really good friend…even if they are different from you. It inspires readers to think about how we should make and keep friends, and how we should treat each other.
- It shows the importance of a great first sentence to open a story. “Where’s papa going with that axe?” is one of the best opening lines of all time. It catches the immediate attention of the reader.
- It teaches us that even if we don’t win all the prizes, we can still be extra special at some things. And In the end, love and friendship prove to be of vital importance. Wilbur asks Charlotte, “Why did you do all of this for me? I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.” “You have been my friend”, replied Charlotte. “That in itself is a tremendous thing.”
- Age suitability: primary and preprimary and Nursery school age
- We can tour to your school and perform for all your learners if you have a hall with a stage.
Minimum 150 learners @ R60 per learner. Thereafter R40 per learner
- Visit our fully fledged theatre: R75 per learner (minimum 20 learners) 3 teachers free!
Theatre seats 110 persons.
- To book: Phone 011 484 1584 and speak to Claudy or Rene or Karina.